Scholarship applications are being accepted until April 9 for the Dr. Joe McAdoo Southwest Missouri Chapter of PRSA Scholarship. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the 2010-2011 academic year.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student beginning the junior or senior year or a graduate student pursuing a degree in communications, public relations or a closely related area
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time (taking at least 12 credit hours per semester undergraduate, 9 hours graduate) at one of the following institutions: College of the Ozarks, Drury University, Evangel University, Missouri Southern State University, Missouri State University or Southwest Baptist University
- Selection of the scholarship winner will be based on interest and involvement in communications, academic standing and campus and/or community involvement
To apply for the Dr. Joe McAdoo SWMO-PRSA Scholarship, submit the following by April 9, 2010:
- a completed application
- a copy of official sealed transcripts
- an updated resume (please emphasize items that highlight communication activities and interests)
- a 500-600 word essay (typed, double-spaced) describing how the Dr. Joe McAdoo SWMO-PRSA Scholarship will assist the student in achieving academic and career goals.
SWMO-PRSA Scholarship Selection Committee
P.O. Box 4807
Springfield, MO 65808