The scholarship sponsors:
The Southwest Missouri Public Relations Society of America chapter (SWMO PRSA) is an organization that provides an inviting and active forum for sharing ideas and experiences among public relations professionals in southwest Missouri.
Dr. Joe McAdoo is a founder and past president of the Public Relations Association of Springfield (which evolved into SWMO PRSA) and former chair of the Department of Communication at Drury University. He was committed to fostering educational opportunities that maintain the distinction and integrity of the public relations profession.
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks manages the scholarship fund.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded for the 2010-2011 academic year ($500 fall/$500 spring).
- The recipient also may attend SWMO PRSA monthly membership meetings and our annual professional development seminar free-of-charge (a $150 value) during the academic year.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student beginning the junior or senior year or a graduate student pursuing a degree in communication, public relations or a closely related area.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time (taking at least 12 credit hours per semester undergraduate, 9 hours graduate) at one of the following institutions: College of the Ozarks; Drury University; Evangel University; Missouri Southern State University; Missouri State University; or Southwest Baptist University.
- Selection of the scholarship winner will be based on interest and involvement in communications, academic standing and campus and/or community involvement.
To apply for the Dr. Joe McAdoo Memorial Scholarship, submit the following by May 28, 2010:
1. a completed application form. Click Here to download the application.
2. a copy of official sealed transcripts
3. an updated resume (please emphasize items that highlight communication activities and interests)
4. a 500-600 word essay (typed, double-spaced) describing how the Dr. Joe McAdoo Memorial Scholarship will assist the student in achieving academic and career goals
Send application materials to:
SWMO PRSA Scholarship Selection Committee, SWMO PRSA, P.O. Box 4807, Springfield, MO 65808
Or send by e-mail to email@example.com.
For scholarship questions, contact Scholarship Chair Susan Wade at 417-881-5300, Ext. 101, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about SWMO PRSA, visit www.swmoprsa.org.